12/15/08

awesome poems

ok so what to say. I am bored and don't know what to write about. Well saturday I was taking staples out of our new cars mats and the key I was using to open the prongs slipped and the staple cut my finger so now my finger hurts. Well in digital photgraphy we had to find a short poem to put on our one assignment and the website I found mine on is really cool. I started reading the other ones and they are awesome so I am gonna put a few on here:

Mother to Son Well, son, I'll tell you: Life for me ain't been no crystal stair. It's had tacks in it, And splinters, And boards torn up, And places with no carpet on the floor -- Bare. But all the time I'se been a-climbin' on And reachin' landin's, And turnin' corners, And sometimes goin' in the dark Where there ain't been no light. So boy, don't you turn back. Don't you set down on the steps 'Cause you finds it's kinder hard. Don't you fall now -- For I'se still goin', honey, I'se still climbin', And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
Langston Hughes


MY LITTLE ONE My little one whose tongue is dumb, whose fingers cannot hold to things, who is so mercilessly young, he leaps upon the instant things, I hold him not. Indeed, who could? He runs into the burning wood. Follow, follow if you can! He will come out grown to a man and not remember whom he kissed, who caught him by the slender wrist and bound him by a tender yoke which, understanding not, he broke.
Tennessee Williams(thats the one I used)

God Speaks to Each of Us God speaks to each of us before we are, Before he's formed us then, in cloudy speech, But only then, he speaks these words to each And silently walks with us from the dark: Driven by your senses, dare To the edge of longing. Grow Like a fire's shadowcasting glare Behind assembled things, so you can spread Their shapes on me as clothes. Don't leave me bare. Let it all happen to you: beauty and dread. Simply go no feeling is too much And only this way can we stay in touch. Near here is the land That they call Life. You'll know when you arrive By how real it is. Give me your hand.
- Rainer Maria Rilke

So there are a few of the cool poems. Here is the website for those poems: http://judithpordon.tripod.com/poetry/id246.html
You should check them out there are tons more to read that are good. So yesterday I had to work woo hoo I guess. Nothing really exciting happened what can I day its work. Well time to go because class is soon over so peace out!!!!
Lisa Marie

No comments: